Essentially, the high square set plaster lined ceilings create a ‘studio’ feel, flooding the space with northern light, whilst protected in the summer months by verandah and pergola positioning. Spacious decking flows out onto a lawn and dry stone landscaped area.
With the site arising from a recent sub-division, Ark group was conscious of the suburban nature of the surrounding dwellings, yet persistent in striving toward a non-conventional finish.
Nullabor Spotted gum timber flows throughout the home, creating a warm and rich homely feature. Thermal comfort is managed with the high use of insulation, cross flow ventilation and double glazed cedar/aluminium windows.
The outdoor private space sits behind an open carport, exposing views and breezes, essential for a well ventilated site. ‘Mediterranean’ inspired garden features adjoin the home to further soften exposure.
Several features of the home include:
- Satin finish spotted gum flooring.
- Square set cathedral ceiling to kitchen and meals.
- Feature Lighting, including pendants, splashback and track mounted lighting.
- Feature external decking.
- Black ‘Schock’ kitchen sink.
- Solid core doors throughout and caesarstone kitchen and powder room benches.
Rating 7 stars, thermal performance measures include:
- R5.0 Bradford Gold ceiling batts and R2.5 wall batts.
- Internal R2.5 wall insulation batts between wet areas.
- Permi-floor sub floor insulation.
- Double glazing to north and east windows.
- North orientated living spaces.
- Hebel external cladding
- 2kw Solar PV panel system.